Cinnamon Rolls Recipe (Start Your Morning Out Right)
Warm, delicious cinnamon rolls always do the trick. They are perfect for breakfast or as a yummy treat. Treat yourself to this homemade cinnamon roll recipe. This will become a tradition your kids will love to wake up to. This recipe came from AllRecipes.com.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 40 Min
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
* 2 (.25 ounce) packages quick-rise yeast
* 2 1/2 cups warm water (120 to 130 degrees F/50 degrees C)
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 6 tablespoons butter, softened
* 3 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons milk
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 4 cups flour, dry cake mix, yeast and warm water until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll into 12 slices; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 20 minutes.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes. For frosting, in a mixing bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost warm rolls.