CMA Coverage Live From Amy Austin’s Couch
The “Who’s Who” of country music gather tonight for the 45th CMA Awards. This is country music’s biggest night. The show airs tonight at 7:00pm on ABC. Log on right here as soon as the show starts, I’ll be updating what’s going on minute by minute! Looking forward to the fashion statements — that could hit or miss, the celebrity couples — who will show up with who, and of course the reactions from the losing nominees when the winner is announced! This is gonna be great. I wonder if there will be a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction? Wait and see! Live coverage from my couch starting at 7pm!
Here is the grand finale…Entertainer of the Year…Taylor Swift! She accepts with grace and pure excitement! She also looks amazing.
Okay Carrie Underwood’s last wardrobe change is the best. It is gorgeous’ just like her and more risque too. You wear it well Carrie!
Well it was a good show. A little mild, a little boring, but okay. I really was wanting to see a little more outrageous outfits, but we always have next year.
Good night sweetheart…it’s time to go!
- Faith Hill sings for the first time in a long time on the CMA’s. Damn she looks fantastic. The song is so-so. I guess it’s her new one. Her and Hubby Tim will be touring in Australia soon.
Award time – Oooo my fav,Hottie Dierks Bentley and some pretty chick announce the Female Vocalist of the Year - The winner is – Miranda Lambert! DUH! Boy, her and Blake are HOT! There’s some shouting in Lindale tonight.
Award time – Vocal Event of the Year – Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson “Don’t You Wanna Stay.”
- Break out the tissue! It’s a sweet tribute to Glen Campbell. Glen was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. The best tenor in the business, Vince Gill along with Keith Urban and Brad Paisley sing Glen’s timeless music. Including my favorite Glen Campbell tunes, “Galveston,” and “Whitacha Lineman.” Tear jerker for sure! PLUG TIME – catch Glen Campbell’s music and all the great classic country songs every Saturday morning on KNUE from 8-10am on the KNUE Gold Rush show with John Moore.
- Enter Brad and Carrie – yes they have changed yet again. I bet their heads are spinning. Carrie looks ravishing in a beautiful long flowing gown with a slit up the side! Oooo Buddy Logan will love that!!! They sing their hit ‘Remind Me.” SEXY! Brad wears his guitar out!
Award time – American Idol runner up, Lauren Alaina and Jake Owen (HOTTIE!) announce the New Artist of the year – The Band Perry!
Jason Aldean rocks it with “Tattoos On This Town. Awesome job.
Award time – Male Vocalist of The Year – Blake Shelton! Congrats!
Martina McBride shows she still has the best pipes in Nashville with her inspiring single “I’m Gonna Love You Through It.”
Award time – Video of The year – “You and Tequila” Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter. Perfect!
- The Band Perry just sang their latest song “All Your Life.” The stage was set as an old circus show with Miss Kimberly pretty in a hip hugging red dress. Kimberly has the most unique and spot on voice. She is adorable. Country music is blessed that they came along. They are fresh and and talented.
Award time – LeAnn Rimes and Billy Currington (he looks like a sweet little sheep dog with that curly hair!) announce the Vocal Group award. This is THE toughest category of all. Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Rascal Flatts and The Band Perry. It’s a nail-biter folks…but Lady A takes the prize!
- Oh my it’s Bieber Fever! No, that’s Little Jimmy Dickens dressed like Justin Bieber! He is so cute. He and Brad Paisley are very close. Carrie has changed into what looks like a dress, but why is she wearing a lifejacket! Who is dressing her tonight?
Lionel Richie sings “Dancin’ On The Ceiling” Why? Oh he is going country now! I Love It! Little Big Town sow off their mad harmonies singing Lionel’s “Deep River Woman.” Delicious!
- Carrie Underwood has changed again and this time it’s short and beautiful. She looks really really skinny! HATE HER…LOL.
Miss Piggy makes an appearance and all I can say is Brad felt Miss Piggy up. Just sayin’
Lady A sings “We Owned The Night’ fabulous.
Award time – Album of the year – Jason Aldean!!!! YES, YES, YES!Jason thanks his 2 girls at home…Awwww. Looking mighty fine in them jeans Jason!
Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter sing their hit song “You and Tequila.” Just them on 2 stools playin’ guitars. Beautiful!
Award time – Radio Personalities of the Year…What? I’m not in the nominees…moving on!
- Taylor Swift sits on a couch in the middle of a living room scene and sings some new song. At least she’s pretty. Just kiddin’ we love Taylor and so does the crowd.
Carrie Underwood has changed clothes yet again. This time she is a Mobster??? Oh maybe she’s supposed to be Bonnie from Bonnie and Clyde. All that’s missing is the machine gun! LOL
Luke Bryan shakes it and I mean REALLY shakes it during “Country Girl Shake It For Me!” SEXY! The dancin’ girls weren’t bad either…that’s what my husband says anyway.
- Rascal Flatts and Natasha Bedingfield singing their hit “Easy.” Is that shag carpet Natasha is wearing??? My daughter says “YES!”
Now the Newcomer of the year nominees are performing. First one of the best artists out right now, Eric Church just jammed with “Drink In My Hand.” Love that song and his album Chief.
Newcomer nominee and heart – throb Chris Young sings “Voices.” Handsome dude! But the hair-do needs a little work. It looks like something out of the movie Grease. Oh, I think they call that a duck-tail…or something like that. Very Retro Chris!
Another award – Vocal Duo – Sugarland. Really? I was cheering for Thompson Square. They did an awesome job on their Number One hit, “Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?”
- Miranda Lambert kicks butt with her hit “Baggage Claim.” She has such grit. and the audience eats it up! Awww, Blake gives her a standing “O.” Kellie Picker and some guy I don’t know give out the next award for Song of The Year…the winner is – The Band Perry again for ‘If I Die Young!” Very deserving I think. But one thing…guys what’s with the weird mullet like do’s?????
Now that’s what I’m talking about – the Zac Brown Band sings “Georgia On My Mind.” with Gregg Allman! Oh Yea baby! STANDING O.
- Keith Urban just sang his latest song “Fly With Me.” I love Keith! He plays the heck out the guitar and connects with the audience! Poor Keith, he will be having vocal cord surgery soon! I’m praying for you sweetie!. Sara Evans up next with her hit “A Little Bit Stronger.” Sorry Sara but you were out of tune the entire song. Guess she is still upset for losing to the Band Perry a few moments ago. Too harsh? Sorry!
- The first award goes to The Band Perry for the single of the year “If I Die Young! Yeah!!! They beat out Sara Evans and Zac Brown Band.
- Brad and Carrie are the hosts again this year! Oooo I don’t like Carrie’s dress! But she’s beautiful and her legs are amazing, so who cares, right? WOW Hank Williams Jr. just joined them on stage! Now they have TIm McGraw and Faith Hill’s new “Barbie Dolls!”
- It’s off and running! Blake Shelton opens the show with “Footloose!”