Free Bulky Item Collection Week Coming Soon to Tyler
If your spring cleaning includes bulky items such as furniture, appliances, carpet, fence material, up to four non-commercial vehicle tires, old toys and other large items this is for you.
Once again this year the City of Tyler Solid Waste Department and Keep Tyler Beautiful are sponsoring a FREE bulky item collection for City of Tyler residential customers. This year, Solid Waste will be picking up items for one week only from Monday, April 30 through Friday, May 4. Those participating in this campaign should place bulky items on the curb by Monday, April 30.
Bulky items to be picked up at NO CHARGE include furniture, appliances, carpet, fence material, up to four non-commercial vehicle tires, old toys and other large items that would normally require a special fee. No liquid waste, limbs or brush will be picked up. Paint must be dried out with oil dry or kitty litter.
There is no need to call the Solid Waste Office when bulky items are placed at the curb. However, please note that items may be collected on a different day from regularly scheduled garbage collection.
The following items are accepted at the Recycling Center:
- Paper (newspapers, magazines, phonebooks, ads and office paper)
- Cardboard of any type (broken down)
- Plastic (rinsed and crushed #1 and #2 HDPE, lids removed; examples- water or soda bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles)
- Glass (rinsed clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars with lids removed) NO BLUE GLASS OR MIRRORS
- Ink Cartridges
- Electronics (computers, TVs, monitors, cell phones, chargers and other portable devices)
- Metal (copper, aluminum, brass and steel)
- Aluminum cans (rinsed and crushed, no aluminum pie plates or tin)
- Household appliances including air conditioners and refrigerators DO NOT require a disposal fee this week as long as you provide a current water bill
- Motor oil/hydraulic fluid
- Automotive batteries/anti-freeze
For more information about the free bulky item collection click here.