Are You Taking Part in the Historic Heart Bomb at the New York Store?
Valentine's Day will not only be a day to show your love for that special someone in your life but also to show some love for the revitalization of the New York Store in downtown Tyler. The city of Tyler is hosting a cool event called the Historic Heart Bomb.
Between now and Valentine's Day, stop by Gallery Main Street to decorate a heart with your memories of shopping at the New York Store or just to show your support for downtown revitalization in our beautiful city.
Also, Saturday, February 11, Dory's Gardens, 600 West Rusk Street in Tyler, will have a work station to design your heart.
The hearts that you have designed will be placed on the front facade of the New York Store.
Here's a list of Free Creation Stations as well as a schedule of events:
- Feb. 6 to 10 – Free Creation Station – Gallery Main Street (110 W. Erwin St.) 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Feb. 9 – Free Creation Station – The Foundry Coffee House (202 S. Broadway) 4 to 6 p.m.
- Feb. 11 – Free Creation Station – Dory’s Gardens (600 W. Rusk St.) 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Feb. 14 – Open House – New York Store (101 N. Spring Ave.) 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Feb. 14 – Celebration Reception – Callynth Photography (117 E. Erwin St.) 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Also, on Valentine's Day from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M., revitalization plans will be revealed for the iconic store.
'Heart Bomb' downtown Tyler and show us your work!