Mom’s Black-Eyed Peas Recipe
Why not get into the new year with some good luck? This is a easy black eyed peas recipe that I love fixing up every year! This recipe came from AllRecipes.com.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr 30 Min
* 1 cup butter
* 2 onions, sliced into thin slivers
* 3 pounds cubed beef stew meat
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 cloves garlic, sliced, or to taste
* 3 (16 ounce) packages frozen black-eyed peas
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir the onions in the melted butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender and the juices have cooked away, about 30 minutes.
2. Stir in the garlic and peas; pour in enough water to cover. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat until the peas change color and are tender and hot, and almost all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 1 hour.
Trust me you are sure to want to add this to your "favorites".