Rodeo Houston Concert Line-Up Announced
Rodeo Houston is more than just a rodeo. It’s an almost month long event that brings entertainment, contests, carnival atmosphere and millions of dollars in scholarships for young ranchers.
Rodeo Houston has been around since 1932 and has raised “$430 million for scholarships, research, endowments, calf scramble participants, junior show exhibitors, School Art participants, and other educational youth programs” according to rodeohouston.com.
Rodeos and country music go hand in hand, but Rodeo Houston has diversified it’s entertainment schedule over the last several years. This year is no different. Every night is filled with great artists. Here are some of my highlights of entertainers.
- Tuesday, March 7 – Texas’ own Aaron Watson kicks off the nightly entertainment.
- Thursday, March 9 – Chris Stapleton brings his traditional, but new, country sound to Houston.
- Friday, March 10 – Another example of the diversity of entertainment with the soulful Alicia Keys performing.
- Saturday, March 11 – Alan Jackson, need I say more.
- Saturday, March 18 – Willie Nelson. He has entertained us his whole life. Any time is a good time to see Willie Nelson.
- Thursday, March 23 – For any of us that need to rock out, myself included, Blink-182 bring their punk style to the stage.
- Saturday, March 25 – For some great country music, and a super fun show, join the crowd for Brad Paisley.
This is just a sample of the entertainers this year which also includes Chris Young, Zac Brown Band, Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley. See the full line up HERE.
There’s a ton more to take in at Rodeo Houston. Tickets go on sale this Saturday (January 14) at 10 A.M. at rodeohouston.com.
This year is sure not to disappoint.