Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup is Perfect for a Cold East Texas Night [RECIPE]
It's cold in East Texas, so it's a perfect night to pull out the old crock pot and make some hot and spicy chicken tortilla soup! This is so easy to make and it's sure to heat things up!
I got this recipe on All Recipes.com, and I love it!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Optional toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips
Put the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir. Lay your chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Then shred the chicken and put it back in the soup for 2 more hours.
YUMMO! Thanks AllRecipes.com!