Super Bowl It’s All About The Food
According to a recent survey, 20 million Americans are attending a Super Bowl party this weekend and Super Bowl plans are so important to people that they’re made an average of 41 days in advance.
So, if you’re one of those 20 million Americans preparing to party this weekend, brace yourself for the massive amounts of food that will be prepared and consumed … more after the jump.
* People will eat 8 million pounds of popcorn and 28 million pounds of chips on Sunday.
* The Super Bowl has become the biggest day for guacamole, with 69.6 million pounds of avocados being mashed up and inhaled.
* Pizza sales go up 35 percent the day of the Super Bowl.
* Dips and spreads are top choice at 30 percent for food to eat during the Super Bowl, followed by chicken wings (22 percent), pizza (17 percent), chips and salty snacks (14 percent), and burgers and hot dogs (9 percent).
* Is there a certain food that you are famous for especially on Super Bowl Sunday?
* Are you throwing a huge party with huge amounts of food and drink? How much money are you spending? What is the biggest purchase that you’ve made for this party?