Grilled Shrimp Sneak Peak Recipe – Taste of Home Cooking Show Coming To Tyler
September 8th – Save the date! Taste of Home is coming to Tyler for a cooking show at Harvey Hall. The doors to the show will open at 4 pm, with the exhibits running from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm, then Taste of Home cooking specialist Jamie Dunn will begin a cooking demonstration in the main hall at 6:30 pm. Get your tickets HERE or simply click on our Events tab.
Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce Recipe
The lazy days of summer call for cuisine that’s carefree, too. So it’s no surprise that picnics are a popular choice for Labor Day weekend. This year’s Labor Day is set for September 5th. You know what that means – the autumn season will be here before we know it.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small food processor, combine the cilantro, ginger and garlic; cover and process until cilantro and garlic are chopped. While processing, gradually add oil and lemon juice in a steady stream until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with cilantro sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 shrimp with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 294 calories, 26 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.