Toys R Us Expects to Close Over 180 Stores Including 5 in DFW
On Tuesday evening, Toys R Us filed court documents describing plans to close about 1/5 of all storefronts across the U.S. According to news sources including Fortune and KHOU, it could be up to 182 stores, which includes eight in Texas.
While Tyler's store was left off of the list, five DFW stores didn't make the cut.
The closings come as part of the companies reorganization plans after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy back in September. In addition to closings, they also intend on converting numerous locations into a combination of Toys R Us and Babies R Us.
In a letter posted to the company's website, Chief Executive Dave Brandon said:
The reinvention of our brands requires that we make tough decisions about our priorities and focus,
Going out of business sales will likely start in February and end in April. Here is the list of Texas stores being closed:
- West El Paso 801 Mesa Hills Dr. TX
- Houston 9730 Katy Freeway TX
- Allen 170 E. Stacy Road TX
- Irving 7730 N. MacArthur Blvd TX
- Lewisville 420 E. Round Grove Rd TX
- Dallas Galleria 13710 Dallas Parkway TX
- Hurst 1309 W. Pipeline Rd TX
- Hulen 5800 Overton Ridge Blvd TX
Click here for a complete list of the 182 stores closing.