Tyler firefighters put out a moderate structure fire this morning around 7:20 am and then later found a marijuana grow room housing up to 100 plants.

Early Monday morning, Tyler firefighters responded to a structure fire at 1004 W 31st. According to the press release from Public Information Officer, Don Martin, three engines, a ladder truck, a district Chief and an investigator made it on scene where the moderate fire was quickly extinguished.

One person was in the home during the fire poured water on the fire when he woke up to it. Thinking he had extinguished it, he went to his parents house while smoke cleared out. Investigators believe the fired started by candles placed beside the bed.

After further investigation, firefighters discovered a marijuana grow room located in front of the duplex of the structure that caught fire. Investigators seized about 100 plants, special lights and other items related to a grow house.