Warm And Creamy Baked Potato Soup Recipe
One of my favorite soups during the winter is potato soup. My mother always makes this recipe and it is one of the best i have ever had. If you love creamy potato soup then this will be one of your new favorites too. Adding the bacon to it gives it the extra flare that sets it over the top. This recipe came from AllRecipes.com.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 40 Min
* 12 slices bacon
* 2/3 cup margarine
* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 7 cups milk
* 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 4 green onions, chopped
* 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
2. In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
3. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.