Several contest rules may appear on this page, please be aware of what set of rules your are reading.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA, LLC
The ‘Win $10,000 Cash’ Contest (the “Contest”)
Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES WHO HAVE REACHED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AS OF MAY 1, 2013.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Contest is Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
2. PRIZE: The prize of the Contest consists of the following: $10,000
The estimated total retail value of the prize of this Contest is ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00). The winner is not permitted to substitute the prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned or transferred.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Contest by going to the participating radio station’s website, selecting the tab for this contest, and entering in your e-mail address, full name, age, city, phone number, zip code and state of residence. By entering this Contest you agree to be bound by the Contest Official Rules.
All entries, as well as all copyrights thereto, will become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected entries. Your entry must be submitted within the Entry Period (set forth in Section 6) or it will be deemed void. Sponsor reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
Multiple entries are permitted.
4. ONLINE ENTRIES. The winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest, or for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the Contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the 48 contiguous United States who have reached eighteen (18) years of age as of May 1, 2014. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after August 31, 2013 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: A representative of Sponsor will select the winner randomly. The winner will be selected and notified on or about June 3, 2014. The winner will be notified by e-mail and by phone. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within three (3) days after it attempts to notify the winner, Sponsor will select a new winner according to these rules. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new winner.
To claim the Prize, the winner must:
(a) confirm receipt of the notice by return email; and
(b) complete, sign and return a Winner Affidavit & Release form (to be provided by Sponsor), a 1099-MISC IRS tax form (to be provided by Sponsor) and such other documentation (if any) requested by Sponsor.
7. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on May 1, 2014 and ends June 2, 2014. All entries must be received by 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time on June 2, 2014.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Prize Provider (each a “Sponsor Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Sponsor Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Sponsor Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winner, available after June 3, 2014, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Win $10,000” c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Win $10,000” c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
15. PRIZE PROVIDER: Townsquare Media the “Prize Provider”.
High Low Jackpot
Official Contest Rules
Station(s) Address: 3810 Brookside Drive Tyler, TX 75701
Telephone: 903-581-0606 (this is not a contest line)
Townsquare Media, LLC its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows: The Company may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station.
Participating stations include KTYL-FM, KNUE-FM, KKTX-FM and KISX-FM
1. Description of Contest/Participation
A. Dates of Contest: Will begin on Monday, June 02, 2014 and end on or about Monday, June 30, 2014.
B. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
C. How to Play: Listen for the cue to call to air on a participating radio station during announced contest times – contest times are weekdays during contest dates at 10:15am, 12:15pm, 2:15pm and 4:15pm. If listening to online radio at mix931fm.com, knue.com, hot1073jamz.com or classicrock961.com, contest times will be delayed due to online encoding and will vary from station to station. Contest cue to call will be aired simultaneously on participating stations at designated time. Calls will be accepted on station request lines at 903.509.1000, 800.487.0931, 903.581.4111, 866.581.1015, 903.561.8200, 903.939.1107, or 866.212.1107. Caller twenty (20) on the contest line will get to make a guess at the exact amount in the jackpot. If caller guesses the exact amount correctly they will be issued a check in that cash amount. If guess is incorrect, caller will be told if guess was too high or too low and contest will end. Thursday contest time are Hyper High Low Thursday guesses, the 20th caller will have fifteen (15) seconds to continually guess at the jackpot total. Each guess during the fifteen (15) seconds will be told whether it is too high or too low.
D. How winner will be determined: Winner(s) will be declared when the exact amount in the jackpot is guessed and a check will then be awarded to winner.
E. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
2. Description of prize package.
Winner(s) will receive a check in the amount of the High Low Jackpot in the contest in which they correctly guess the amount in the jackpot.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18 years old as determined by the Company and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Station’s address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a self addressed stamped envelope with contest name to KNUE-KISX-KKTX-KTYL 3810 Brookside Drive, Tyler, TX 75701.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
11. Townsquare Media LLC reserves the right to change or modify these rules or end the contest at any given time.
Townsquare Media Tyler | Longview General Contest Rules
Dates/Terms/Eligibility KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM, (the “Stations”) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website.
There is no purchase necessary to enter or win.
Employees of Radio Stations KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM, (“Stations”), Townsquare Media, its affiliates and their public relations agencies, participating sponsors and family members (family is defined as spouse, parents, children, sibling, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents) are ineligible.
Employees or agents of Townsquare Media, its radio stations (including KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM) or any entity associated with the Contest as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent may not participate.
One prize per winner and his/her immediate family (family is defined as spouse, parents, children, sibling, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents) and or/household (household is defined as anyone living at the same address) is allowed within a thirty (30) day period.
All sales, prizes and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes may be transferable, but not exchanged and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM assume no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM, KDOK-AM is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
All winners for all contest conducted by the Stations must live within the Stations TSA (Total Survey Area). Winners from outside the Station TSA are not eligible to win.
Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM. Listeners can call the contest line by dialing (903) 581-4111, (903) 509-1000, (903) 939-1107, 0r (903)561-8200. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX- FM.
In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest. All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which shall be final and binding
Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Station’s website (knue.com, mix931fm.com, hot1073jamz.com, 96xrocks.com), in person at the Station’s studios (3810 Brookside Drive, Tyler, TX.) during regular business hours (Mon-Fri. 8am – 5pm) or by sending a written request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM or users by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. KNUE- FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
Employees of Townsquare Media, KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM, its associated agencies, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside advertising for KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM. Winners may be recorded and played back on- air, on any of the Townsquare Media radio stations, Facebook pages, or station websites (knue.com, mix931fm.com, hot1073jamz.com, 96xrocks.com).
Prize is awarded as is to the winner only. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted. Prize has no cash value.
In the case of ballot entry contests; if ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn
Ballots must be filled out by actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If ballot was filled out by a third person, a new ballot will be drawn.
KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM may not be held responsible for any technical difficulties, for example studio equipment or phones that result in a potential winner being disconnected on studio lines.
KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM reserves the right to supplement or change contest rules at any time. The decisions of Townsquare Media are final.
By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the promotion.
KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition, or fitness of any prizes awarded, and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through the use of any awarded prize.
KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value; winners do not have any right to substitution of prizes.
KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM will not be responsible for mail that has been lost, damaged or delayed.
Prize winners must be at least 18 years old, unless otherwise specified.
Contest may only be entered one (1) time per person, unless otherwise specified.
One (1) spin per person, per event on the Super Prize Machine, unless otherwise specified.
Where a prize consists of tickets for a sporting event, concert, movie, play or similar event, KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM will not be responsible for cancellation. In that event, the winner must deal exclusively with the promoter of the event.
Winners are solely responsible for all taxes, duties, or other costs that may be associated with the winning of a prize.
Particular contests may limit eligibility to persons of a certain age, who live in a given geographic location, or who work in a particular job, by way of example. Contestants are responsible for determining whether such eligibility limitations apply to a particular contest or promotion.
In its discretion, KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM may require winners to sign a release form in order to receive the prize. In such a case, the winner will not be entitled to receive the prize without signing the release.
The interpretation of these and all other rules relating to contests or promotions sponsored by KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM is reserved exclusively to KNUE-FM, KTYL-FM, KISX-FM, KKTX-FM. Its decisions shall be final.