George Strait Wins ACM Entertainer of the Year
The King of Country is our ACM Entertainer of the Year! This year's ACM awards has started off with a bang! The Band Perry set the mood and tempo with opening the show with high energy latest hit, "Chainsaw." The show was full of fun and surprising moments and of course awesome music!
Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan once again did not disappoint as they stepped into their co-hosting duties! The jokes and digs were plentiful. They poked fun at each other and some of the artist in the audience too.
The two joked about same-sex marriage (what happens you're in a longtime relationship), called out Eric Church over the likelihood of finding marijuana in his dressing room, and even tossed in a Miley Cyrus mention and a Britney Spears dig.
My favorite moment of the night had to be Justin Moore's heartfelt acceptance speech for the New Artist award. He truly was moved and you couldn't help but want to give him a hug!
The winners are:
- Entertainer - George Strait - enter to win a chance to see George on his final show in Arlington on June 7th!
- Male Vocalist - Jason Aldean
- Female Vocalist - Miranda Lambert
- Vocal Duo - Florida-Georgia Line
- Vocal Group - The Band Perry
- Record of the Year - "Mama's Broken Heart" Miranda Lambert
- Song of the Year - "I Drive Your Truck" Lee Brice
- Album of the Year - 'Same Trailer, Different Park" Kacey Musgraves