Randy Rogers Band Rides Through Texas on Wave of Success
The Randy Rogers Band is gearing up for a string of Texas tour dates amid news of continued success from their 2010 release, “Burning the Day.”
RRB held on to the top spot on the Texas Music Chart this week with their single, “Last, Last Chance,” which beat releases from Eli Young Band and Jason Boland and the Stragglers.
The fact a single from an album released almost two years ago still reigns atop the Texas music scene says everything about the Cleburne, Texas natives. They’ve come a long way since their 2002 full-length debut, “Like it Used to Be,” and they don’t show any sign of letting up.
RRB’s last three studio albums each proved more successful than the last, with “Burning the Day” peaking at No. 2 on the Billboard Country Albums chart.
On March 25, the band earned “Entertainer of the Year” and “Album of the Year” honors at the 2012 Texas Regional Radio Awards Show in Arlington.
“I started out drawing a line in the sand with a goal to put together a band with all members equal,” Randy Rogers said in a news release. “Equal partners, that’s what the Randy Rogers Band is today with Brady, Les, Jon and Geoffrey. We really appreciate everyone’s support and are deeply honored to win, ‘Entertainer of the Year.’”
The band is set to end a 12-day break from touring next week with multiple stops in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas.
Be sure to catch them May 10 in Longview at Graham Central Station.
Here’s a list of Randy Rogers Band’s upcoming shows:
- April 12 – George’s Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville, Ark.
- April 13 – Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas
- April 14 – Chilifest in Snook, Texas
- April 20 – Wild West in Lubbock, Texas
- April 21 – Whiskey Dicks in El Paso, Texas
- April 25 – Rockin Rodeo in Bossier City, Louis.
- April 26 – Larry Joe Taylor Chili Cookoff & Music Festival in Stephenville, Texas
- April 27 – Tumbleweed Sports Arena in Stillwater, Ok.
- April 28 – Midnight Rodeo in Amarillo, Texas
- May 4 – Floore’s Country Store in Helote’s Texas
- May 5 – Lone Star Jam in Austin, Texas
- May 10 – Graham Central Station in Longview, Texas