Amy Austin’s in the Kitchen for This Week’s Episode of ‘Hot Flashes’ [VIDEO]
For this episode of Amy Austin’s Hot Flashes, she is in the kitchen learning how to cook. Fresh by Brookshires and Myste Snow help her get some culinary education. Let your self have a giggle and get a great new recipe.
Myste Snow and Amy are in the Fresh kitchen making something delicious. Panzanella salad, that you must say with an Italian accent, is what is for dinner in this episode of Amy Austin’s Hot Flashes.
A big thanks to Myste Snow and Fresh by Brookshires. That salad was delicious and now Amy has at least one thing she can cook for dinner.
Want the recipe? Here you go!
(All of which are readily available and fresh at Fresh by Brookshires)
- 1. 1 FRESH focaccia bread, cubed and toasted.
- 2. Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3. 1 hot house cucumber, sliced
- 4. 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 5. 20 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6. 3 Tbls of capers
- 7. 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- (For vinaigrette:)
- 8. 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 9. 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 10. 3 Tbls white balsamic vinegar
- 11. 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 12. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 13. 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
If you didn’t quite follow the video don’t worry, it is pretty easy. Seriously, if Amy can do it you can.
- 1. Cut your focaccia bread into cubes and then toast it.
- 2. To make your vinaigrette, mix together all of the ingredients until it is smooth and melding well together.
- 3. In your biggest bowl, add your tomatoes, cucumber, yellow pepper, basil leaves, bread cubes, and capers.
- 4. Throw your vinaigrette on top of the mixture.
- 5. Mix well, making sure all ingredients are evenly disbursed within the bowl.
- 6. Serve!
Hope you guys enjoyed this week’s episode and your Panzanella salad!
Make sure to visit Fresh and explore their endless options of fresh and tasty foods. You can find out more about Fresh by Brookshires by clicking here or visit their store at 6991 Old Jacksonville Highway.