Crazy Texas Laws That You Didn’t Know About
I overheard a girl at the office the other day about how using margarine is illegal in Wisconsin. I told her how that has to be the dumbest and craziest law out there. So I did some research and the laws I found throughout the US was ridiculous. So I narrowed it down to the craziest laws in Texas and this is what I found.
- A program has been created in the state that attempts to control the weather.
- It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
- It is illegal to sell one’s eye.
- It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
- The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.
- When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.
- A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
- It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
Crazy, right? There were a lot of crazy laws specific to certain towns in Texas too, but that will come another day. I’ll do some more research on that and laws for all of the US and let you know what I find. Do you think these laws are ridiculous or how do you feel about them?