"Taste of Home Cooking Show Coming To Tyler – Today’s Sneak Peak Recipe"
September 8th – Save the date! Taste of Home is coming to Tyler for a cooking show at Harvey Hall. The doors to the show will open at 4 pm, with the exhibits running from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm, then Taste of Home cooking specialist Jamie Dunn will begin a cooking demonstration in the main hall at 6:30 pm. Get your tickets HERE or simply click on our Events tab.
Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties
The lazy days of summer call for cuisine that’s carefree, too. So it’s no surprise that picnics are a popular choice for Labor Day weekend. This year’s Labor Day is set for September 5th. You know what that means – the autumn season will be here before we know it.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 10 bacon strips
- 10 hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into ten 3/4-in.-thick patties. Wrap each patty with a bacon strip; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 464 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.