Alzheimers Alliance of Smith County Holding Free Memory Screenings Today
The Alzheimers Alliance of Smith County is holding a free memory screening today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at various locations throughout Smith County. No appointment is needed and the screening takes around 15 minutes.
As we age, we tend to lose memory or seem to get confused at times. Is this just a part of the aging process, or could it be a sign of something more serious?
Alzheimer’s disease is not a natural part of the aging process. Alzheimer’s is a progressive, irreversible, brain disorder with no known cause or cure. Symptoms include confusion, memory loss, disorientation, poor judgement and more. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of irreversible dementia.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia in persons aged 65 and older, accounting for about 70% of all dementias. Dementia-like symptoms can also be caused by depression, fatigue, malnutrition, vitamin B-12 deficiency, drug interactions, infections and more. So having a screening essential for anyone experience dementia-like symptoms.
So take advantage of the free screenings going on throughout Smith Country today.
Memory Screening Sites:
- Alzheimer’s Alliance of Smith County Office – 211 Winchester Dr., Tyler
- Tyler Area Senior Citizens Association (TASCA) – 10495 CR 2167, Whitehouse
- Lindale United Methodist Church – 402 W. Hubbard St., Lindale
- First Baptist Church, Troup – 935 State Hwy. 135 South, Troup
- West Erwin Church of Christ (Spanish ONLY) – 420 West Erwin St., Tyler