You Know You Are From East Texas If “—“
East Texas is a great place to live. The only time we see snow is when the cable goes out on the television. Fishing is so highly regarded around here, the bass boats cost more than the pick-up that is pulling them. Gander Mountain is the Saks Fifth Avenue of the area. Folks around here are friendly and everyone always has a funny story about third cousin on their mothers' side. There are many a small town that makeup East Texas, including Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Lindale, Chandler, Whitehouse, Kilgore, Mineola and Marshall . But the question is -- How do you know if you are from a small East Texas town? Read on and find out.
Here are a few of the ways we came up with that will let you know for sure if you come from an East Texas town
1.Everyone knows that "seeing green means saving green"
2. Your car has stick figure stickers on the window representing everyone in the family, including the dog and the cat.
3. You own at least one Racquet and Jog T-shirt.
4. Mums are a high school girl's bragging rights ( a homecoming necessity.) Shutter at the thought of getting one from your MOTHER!
5. High school football is a religion.
6. Every time you hear Jack King, you think of "Downtown Tyler."
8. The women wear Mossy Oak lingerie.
9. Being able to hit a road sign with a beer bottle while driving down the highway is considered a necessary skill.
10. You go home for Homecoming.
11. The town population increases by one-third when the universities go on break.
12.All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, plant or animal.
13. The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snotty" when it is just like your town.
14. The seasons are hot, HOT and HOTTER.
15. It's not the heat -- it's the humidity that get you!
16. When you see Palm Trees wrapped in foil during the "winter."
17. The Azalea Trails signify the beginning of spring.
18. Your status as a man is determined by your BBQ technique. (Many a friendship ended for not respecting the BBQ!)
19. You want the Rose Queen's autograph.
20. A lot of your Christmas shopping is done at Mistletoe and Magic.
21. Your seat belt acts as a branding iron and you have a permanent scar on your left hip.
22. you can fit “y’all” into a single sentence 3 times or more.
(“Have y’all decided what y’all feel like having for y’all’s dinner?”)
23. You call everyone you know before making a beer run across the county line and take orders, then pray DPS doesn’t pull you over for bootlegging.
24. Most people don't just do something -- they are fixin' to do.
("I am fixin' to make a mess of catfish.")