The Tyler Public Library Continues Great Indoor Activities in August
More than 1,000 people have participated in the Tyler Public Library’s summer reading challenge and more than 4,200 people have attended various programs. The school year is just around the corner, but y'all, summer ain't over yet.
If your family is anything like mine, as the August temps climb into the triple digits, you are in dire need of some great indoor activities. Tyler Public Library to the rescue.
The Youth Services Department will offer a week of movies beginning Monday, July 30 through Friday, Aug. 3. Movie titles and times are available at TylerLibrary.com and all features will be shown in the Taylor Auditorium.
Any year-round weekly programs, like story times, will be temporarily suspended during movies week, but will return on Monday Aug. 6. These programs include:
- Mondays at 10:30 a.m. Léeme Un Cuento, Spanish preschool story time
- Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. Panera story time, only Aug. 7 and 14 at Panera Bread on S. Broadway
- Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. Lap and Play time for Babies
- Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. Toddler Time
- Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Read Aloud Crowd for Preschoolers
Maker Space events will continue throughout the coming months on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month. Upcoming events can be found on the Library’s website under Maker Space.
- Saturday July 28 2 p.m. Rubber band Helicopter
- Saturday Aug. 11 2 p.m. Anime and Manga Drawing
- Saturday Aug. 21 2 p.m. Hydraulics 101
For more information on any of these programs, you can reach out to the Library at (903) 593-7323, or online.