What Exists in Texas but Nowhere Else?
So, what do you think exists in Texas that doesn't exist in the rest of the country?
I found a question on Reddit where someone asked that very question. They got a wide range of answers. Below, I compiled my Top 10 of those answers.
- Not being fazed by a drive of 30+ minutes to get anywhere
- Interviewing high school athletes on the local news like they're celebrities
- Doctors and Lawyers driving $80k trucks instead of BMWs/MBs/etc
- Being the best country in the world
- A Whataburger and a Shiner beer
- Did anyone mention the phrase "bless your heart"? It's both the the nicest and shadiest thing you could say to someone
- The state's name is used as an adjective, e.g. Texas toast, Texas-sized centipede, Ford trucks are built Texas tough, etc
- People in other states rarely recommend eating at a gas station
Not bad. I think most of us would agree with that Top 10. Check out the full Reddit article here.