25 Spots to COOL OFF with Ice Cream During a COVID Texas HEATWAVE
The weather people are out here saying a HEATWAVE is headed our way in Texas. That is a shame. From what I've gathered from KVUE-ABC news, Central Texas will get the worst of the heat, with expected temperatures to reach up to 113 degrees. Yikes. East Texas will get the tail end of the extreme with temps in the high 90's, but that's nothing new 'round here.
The best thing to do during a heatwave inside of the coronavirus pandemic outbreak of 2020 is to keep cool by eating some ICE CREAM!
I have curated for you a list of some great places all over East Texas where you can zip off to grab a scoop of the good stuff. Some places even deliver! Of course, you have your fast food locations that have things like Frosty's (Wendy's), Blizzards (Dairy Queen), Sundaes (McDonald's), frozen ice cream balls (Dippin' Dots), and shakes (Sonic Drive-In), but it's always a great thing to support our local "Mom & Pop" shops, too!
- Marble Slab Creamery (Delivery) 4915 S Broadway Ave
- Menchie's Frozen Yogurt (Delivery) 8926 S Broadway Ave Ste 100
- Bahama Buck's (Takeout) 6621 S Broadway Ave #200
- Andy's Frozen Custard (Takeout) 110 N College Ave Ste 104
- Paleteria Polar (Takeout) 1203 E Erwin St
- Bombongo Tyler (Takeout) 1601 W Front St
- Carvel Express inside Longview Mall (Takeout) 3500 McCann Rd
- Diddy's Yogurt Shoppe (Takeout) 305 W Loop 281 # 108
- Brian & Scott's Snowball (Takeout) 122 Johnston St
- Wild Honey Creamery (Takeout) 108 E Tyler St
- Freeze Fantastic (Takeout) 279 Northridge Cir
- Sweet Frog Premium Frozen Yogurt (Pickup) 1625 TX-256 Loop Ste F
- Lucky Star Drive In Grocery (Drive-In) 704 W Palestine Ave
- Paleteria y Neveria Chilango's (Takeout) 305 W Palestine Ave
- Treehouse Cupcakes & Frozen Treats (Delivery, Takeout, Curbside) 220 S Palestine St Suite 100
- Braum's Ice Cream & Burger Restaurant (Takeout) 712 E Tyler St
- Snowlicious Shaved Ice (Takeout) 2210 US-175
- Bryan's Cheesecakes (Takeout) 120 N Johnson St