A Cereal I Eat Apparently has Weed Killer In It
I'm a simple guy. When it comes to breakfast, a good old fashioned bowl of cereal hits the spot. I was a little disturbed to read an article that says one flavor of Cheerios I ate this morning has small amounts of weed killer in it.
The article comes from kvue.com. In it, the Environmental Working Group, or EWG, tested some General Mills and Quaker cereals and found glyphosate in them. Glyphosate is the main ingredient in Roundup weed killer and supposedly can cause cancer, even though there is no absolute proof it can.
The problem is that EWG has their own standard that is different from the Environmental Protection Agency's, or EPA, standards. I would like to think that the EPA's standards would be the correct measurement.
Read the article and decide for yourself if you want to continue eating the cereals named in the testing. You can see them below.
- Quaker Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almonds
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal Cinnamon & Spice
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal Apples & Cinnamon
- Quaker Real Medleys Super Grains Banana Walnut
- Quaker Overnight Oats Raisin Walnut & Honey Heaven
- Quaker Overnight Oats Unsweetened with Chia Seeds
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares Brown Sugar
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares Honey Nut
- Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
- Very Berry Cheerios
- Chocolate Cheerios
- Frosted Cheerios
- Fruity Cheerios
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Cheerios Oat Crunch Cinnamon
- Quaker Chewy S’mores
- Quaker Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- Quaker Breakfast Squares Soft Baked Bars Peanut Butter
- Quaker Breakfast Flats Crispy Snack Bars Cranberry Almond
To be honest, I'm gonna continue enjoying my Cheerios Oat Crunch Cinnamon cereal.