Ready to Have Better Conversations?
Regardless of your profession, it's important to know how to have better conversations.
Have you ever wondered how to improve them? Celeste Headlee discusses the importance of improving conversations. She claims that the 'ingredients of a great conversation are honesty, brevity, clarity and a healthy amount of listening.'
Looking to learn how to improve? She has 10 useful rules that she shares to have better conversations in this TED Talk.
What are those rules?
1. Don't multitask. (4:27)
2. Don't pontificate. (4:50)
3. Use open ended questions. (6:02)
4. Go with the flow. (6:39)
5. If you don't know, say that you don't know. (7:26)
6. Don't equate your experience with their. (7:46)
7. Try not to repeat yourself. (8:26)
8. Stay out of the wits. (8:46)
9. Listen. (9:08)
10. Be brief. (10:29)
Take the time to watch, learn and apply these rules to your conversations. You may be amazed at the way your conversations transform.
Try it today, and let us know how it works out for you!