Top Spots for You and Your Pooch in East Texas
Any dog owner knows that their furry friend needs some play time. If you're like me, and live in an apartment, it can be hard to get them out to stretch their legs. But, lucky for us, there are several spots in East Texas that will gladly let you and your pooch have some fun in the sun.
- It is located off Summers Drive behind Heritage Mitsubishi. It has separate, leash free areas for big and small dogs. It is also connected to the Paul G. Boorman trail so you and your dog can get some walking or jogging in.
- It's is located off of the service road to Loop 49 from Old Jacksonville Highway. This park is full of areas to play for both big and small dogs and is leash free. Bark N Bath is on site as well. For only $10 (which goes toward maintenance costs of the park) you can clean your dog before heading home.
- This park is full of activities for just about anyone including baseball fields, volleyball court and more. There is also an almost mile long walking trail for you and furry friend to get some good leg stretching.
- This is another all in park located off of Highway 64 in Henderson. It features a lake, playground and walking trail for you and your dog to get some exercise.
- Rose Rudman Park is a beautiful area for the entire family. The park area has a playground and wide open space for a picnic or just chill under the shade of a tree. The walking trail is great for you and your four legged friend to get some exercise.
Keep in mind that unless the park states otherwise, you must keep your dog on a leash. And always pick up after your dog. It's never a fun job to to clean out of the soles of your shoes.