Ways You Can Help Hurricane Sandy Victims
The Northeast was hit with the most devastating and earth shattering storm that we have seen in years. People are without power, homes, food, water, and the essentials needed to survive. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Mother Nature has decided to ease up on them yet. With a winter surge heading their way, the people up there need as much help as they can get. It may seem that there is nothing we can do to help being so far away, but there are a ton of ways you can help.
- To donate money to the American Red Cross just text "Redcross" to 90999, call 1-800-RED-CROSS, or visiting www.redcross.org.
- The United Way has established its own Hurricane Sandy recovery fund. To contribute, visit uwsandyrecovery.org, or text RECOVERY to 52000.
- The ASPCA is accepting donations to help rescue animals and give them food, water, and shelter. Visit www.aspca.org to donate.
- Feeding America will deliver food, water and supplies to communities in need through its network of food banks and the agencies they serve. Visit feedingamerica.org for information.
- Families with children are asking for gift cards to Toys R Us and Target - those can be mailed to Rock Center with Brian Williams, 30 Rockefeller Plaza #412E, New York, NY 10112.
If you wish to mail supplies such as clothes, blankets, canned goods, towels, or monetary donations, you can mail them to any of these charities (courtesy of NBC News):
Monsignor Farrell H.S.
2900 Amboy Road, Staten Island, NY 10306
St. Joseph By The Sea High School
5150 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10312
25 Central Avenue,Staten Island, NY 10301
(718) 720-0079, ext. 10.
Rabs Country Lanes
1600 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10305
Stephen Siller Tunnel To Towers Foundation
2361 Hylan Blvd.
Staten Island, NY 10306