Free Tax Preparation in Longview, TX if Household Income Under 60k
You can dread it or look forward to it, but regardless your federal income taxes must be completed and filed by Monday, April 18th, 2022. I must admit I make mistakes everyday but everyone knows you can't mess up when it comes to paying taxes. The Internal Revenue Service will make sure that you're paying your taxes correctly, but if your household income is less than $60,000 you can have your taxes prepared professionally for free in Longview, Texas.
There are lots of tax services that offer "free" tax filings but almost every one of them end up charging you for something. What I am telling you about is 100% free, no gimmicks. It's being provided by the nice people at the Greater Longview United Way, they set up the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Are These Volunteers Going To Help Me Get My Biggest Return Possible?
Last year there was approximately 750 residents that took part in this program and in total they had $1.1 million dollars in refunds. These professionals will help you avoid paying fees, claim all tax credits you're eligible for, and get you the biggest refund possible. This free service is on a first-come, first-serve basis. No appointment necessary.
Where and How Do I Get My Taxes Done For Free in Longview?
The free services will be offered at the Longview Child Development Center at 1230 South High St. Longview, TX 75602. Hours are Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays from 5:30pm until 8:00 pm, and Saturdays from 9:00am until 12:30pm.
What Tax Documents Will You Need To Bring For Free Tax Services?
- Social Security Cards for all individuals on the tax return
- Photo ID of the taxpayer(s)
- All income documents (W-2, 1099, etc.)
- Form 1098T (if claiming college expenses)
- Total paid to daycare provider and daycare provider's tax identifying number (such as their Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number)(if applicable)
- Forms 1095-A, B, or C (for Health Insurance)
- Economic Impact Payment (3rd Stimulus Check) Notice 1444C (if applicable)
- Business expenses (if applicable)
- Receipts from charitable donations (if applicable)
- Letter 6419 provides the total amount of Advance Child Tax Credit payments that were disbursed to you during 2021. (if applicable)
- Bank routing number and account number (if you would like to receive a direct deposit)
If you're sick please wait until all symptoms are gone before coming to take advantage of the free tax services. You will need to fill out some intake paperwork upon arrival. If you have any questions regarding the free tax services you can call 903-236-9211 or email email@example.com