Keep Your Resolutions With This East Texas Gyms List
Are you one of the hundreds of thousands of Americans who vowed to exercise more and get in shape in 2019? One of the biggest challenges people face in keeping their fitness resolutions happens when the gym is too far from their home or office or has inconvenient hours. We want to help you reach your goals in the year ahead. So, we created a list of Tyler and Longview fitness facilities along with their location and hours, so you can quickly see which ones might interest you.
Gyms in Tyler Texas
- FIT Gym -- Fitness in Training or F.I.T. moved last year from Times Square Shopping Center to off Old Jacksonville by iJump. They have a pretty good selection of weight lifting and fitness equipment, plus cardio equipment like treadmills, bikes and ellipticals. They also offer classes like Jazzercise and the Les Mills line. They're open Monday through Friday at 4:30 a.m. Closing times are from 8 p.m. to midnight depending on the day.
- Crossfit Chief -- If Crossfit's your thing, this fairly new gym is behind Fresh grocery store on Elkton Way. They offer classes on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday throughout the day, with the latest classes starting at 6 p.m.
- Planet Fitness -- This Tyler gym works hard to create a welcoming environment and stresses that it's a judgment-free zone. If you're just starting to get back in shape, that might be just what you're looking for. They're open 24 hours a day, every day of the week and located off 5th Street just outside Loop 323 near TJC.
- Woodcreek Athletic Club -- If you haven't seen Woodcreek in a while, it's worth a visit. They completed extensive renovations, so the large facility has had a recent facelift. They have all the standard fitness equipment, group classes, personal trainers and childcare. They're open 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Metroflex Gym Tyler -- Metroflex is more like the old style grunge gym where you'd expect to find guys boxing and pumping iron. The music is loud and the atmosphere is hardcore. They're open 24 hours a day.
Gyms in Longview Texas
These Longview gyms have the largest number of positive online reviews.
- Gymbox Fitness -- They advertise rates as low as $9.99 a month and they're open 24 hours a day. They offer cardio and strength equipment, group classes, childcare, tanning, a theater and saunas.
- Parke Way Fitness Center -- This health club on Bill Owens Parkway is open from 5:30 in the morning until 10:00 at night.
- Anytime Fitness -- There are two locations, one at 1011 Wal Street off N. Eastman Road and the other just off Gilmer Road. Both are open 24 hours and have strength and cardio equipment.
- CrossFit 259 -- Get in your WOD at morning or evening classes to develop strength, stamina, power and agility. Find them off Loop 281.
Other Fitness Options in Tyler and Longview
If you're still not feeling motivated, why not think outside the box? East Texas Krav Maga teaches self-defense and fitness, and their beginner's class starts with the rock-bottom basics. Pure Jiu-Jitsu has classes for everyone from beginners to those who want to compete in tournaments. B-Fit Personal Training in Tyler specializes in building personalized programs to fit all fitness needs, plus offers boot camps, group training, and has strength and cardio equipment.
What about you? What's your favorite fitness activity? Let us know in the comments.